by Cathy Kelly
The Week of the Young Child™ is an annual celebration hosted by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) celebrating early learning, young children, their teachers, and families.
We’re so excited for a week-long celebration of our youngest learners! Start planning your celebration today with event ideas and activities below!
WEEK OF THE YOUNG CHILD
- MUSIC MONDAY: Children will have a dance party in Gym class.
- TASTY TUESDAY: Classes will make fruit salad. Children will be asked to contribute fruit.
- WORK TOGETHER WEDNESDAY: We will be making classroom books. Each child will contribute a page or two to the classroom book.
- ARTSY THURSDAY: Each class, young preschool and up will contribute to a school wide mural created in Art class.
- FAMILY FRIDAY: We will encourage a little extra family time!
Teachers may ask parents to sign up for reading or other activities.
Abacus will also provide a small breakfast for parents and encourage them to join their children in class for breakfast.